Crawling into bed and settling my face next to the screen, I was tired but closed my eyes only briefly. This summer traveling across the country, my cousin and I are sleeping in a box on top of the car made by my engineering-wiz grandpa. The first day on the road was long, even the distraction of games didn’t make time move fast enough. I kept imagining the sleeping box unfolding, the sides locking into place, and crawling up for a whole new adventure. Just the idea made my eight year old self giddy; I would have a small window to peer down on the theater below. Setting up camp and finally having the evening meal meant the big moment was here. Settled under the covers in the lush green forest I took a deep breath, opened my eyes and looked out, as the moonlight made shadow animals of the rocks and monsters of trees.
You are here: Home » Moonlight Reflections by Marsha Chandler
July 26, 2013 | 1 Comment
Categories: writing samples
Flash Memoir Workshops
- Hi new #FF @mdewerth @GlynisJolly1 @MeganCyrulewski @DenisLedoux @E_LucasTaylor @LarryLNichols @SmallPrintMag @lucy_judd @LieslJobson 2 days ago
- Delve into your story tinyurl.com/klm6krw a guest post by @LynetteBenton #memoir #lifewriting #cnf #writing #familystories 2 days ago
- Listed myself under #writing #lifewriting #creativenonfiction #memoir #storytelling interests on wefollow.com/flashmemoirs 1 week ago
- Dec issue of How to Write a Flash Memoir is out: flashmemoirs.com #creativenonfiction #shortstory #story 1 week ago
- RT @lucy_judd: Typo of the day: 'He grabs my hair with his fish' #writing #shortstory #creativewriting #writers 1 week ago
- Chris: Thanks so much, Cate, on both counts....
- Cate Russell-Cole: A great post! Thank you both for sharing it. At so...
- Chris: "Juice," that's exactly it! Thanks so much for ta...
- From vignettes to book October 1, 2012
- The Rooster by Kerry Headley February 7, 2013
- How to write about family & friends August 1, 2013